Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'm a teenager and I don't know what I want

So we've been watching Dead Poets Society in class for the past few days, and while I've seen the movie before, I always forget how much it makes me think. I always thought that I would go into college with an English major because that's what I wanted to do; I wanted to make art, express my ideas, and help people learn from my mistakes.  I wanted to read poetry and maybe write some and just be expressive and have fun and read and that movie just instills are these ideas back in me.

I'm going into college with a major in Communications with a focus in journalism. I did this so that I could still be writing, but still have a steady salary and a way to pay my future bills. I was just going to write on the side and if I was ever successful I could just quit or keep going if I enjoyed it. But now it's just I wanna not major in communications because I wanna learn about literature and art and other cool things and I thought about double majoring in these two things but if I stick with Communications then I want to double with Political Science because that's a good combination and it's just frustrating. Maybe I'll figure it out, maybe I won't. All I know is that being a teenager on the cusp of adulthood is the most frustrating thing ever 0/10 would not recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment